Saturday, January 23, 2010

Baby Talk

Baby talk....some grown ups talk baby talk to kids. I have something to say about that! ANNOYING!
Are we dumb or something? Please do not feel offended by this, but this is what I have to say. Baby talk is:
  • annoying
  • weird
  • mean (sometimes)
  • only for babies (not 8 year olds who are almost 9)
  • also for dogs and cats

So, some suggestions of how to talk to us:

  • talk to us like you would talk to one of your grown up friends
  • treat us like our opinion matters - BECAUSE IT DOES
  • listen to us because we have something to say

Just remember we are living humans who are not dumb or stupid...just like you. Thank you for listening to me!

Love,

Carlie

2 comments:

  1. Wow, two days of having a blog and already starting to teach. This is going to be fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I always talk to people like they are, well...people no matter what their age is. I can tell by the look on their faces that younger people prefer to be treated that way. It's called respect and you hit the nail on the head with this post. Rock on, Carlie!

    ReplyDelete